Tuesday 9 June 2009

Rhubarb cake, magazines and car boot finds

I'm off sick at the moment with tonsilitis and a cold...boo. Due to this I haven't been doing much cooking. On Sunday I did manage to find enough energy to make the Strawberry and Rhubarb Coffee Cake from here.
Now mine doesn't look like the picture on the Tofu for Two blog but it really is delicious. G isn't too keen having rhubarb in a cake which means there is more for me!



The latest copy of the Cook Vegetarian magazine arrived on my doorstep on Thursday. I don't know if any of you guys read this but I absolutely love it. All the recipes and articles are vegetarian with some being vegan. Alot of the recipes can be veganised. This magazine can be bought from all good supermarkets/newsagents.




It rained here on Sunday so my local car boot sale was cancelled. I am very lucky as the car boot sale is held every Sunday about 5 mins walk from my house. I have been inspired to start buying black and white china after reading Coffee Talk's Blog. I love her style and thought it would be something stylish I can purchase relatively cheaply. Here are my latest finds...


6 x dinner plates - £1


Ceramic cheese pot - 50p


The cheese pot was empty by the way. I keep my stock cubes in them , I have a slightly bigger one (behind this one in photo).

1 comment:

  1. I love Cook Vegetarian magazine too. Love the little cheese pot, car boot sales are great for finding neat little items.

    ReplyDelete