Tuesday 12 May 2009

Another long week at work

Monday = work : (


I work as a college administrator/auditor full time around 15 miles from home. There isn't a great deal to say about it, it's just a job. It isn't something I want to be doing but for the time being it suits me. I would love to come to a point in my life where I don't have to work for money but to work because I want to. I would absolutely love to work with animals. I'm thinking maybe an animal shelter. Somewhere worthwhile where I can feel I am doing some good. The problem is I don't have any animal related qualifications and to be able to get them I would need to study fulltime which is not an option as my wage is needed.


My main two distractions at work are the internet and food! I am always snacking during work hours but at the weekend or the evening I don't. It must be boredom I reckon! I try to snack healthly on fruit/crackers/cereal bars or yoghurts. I limit myself to one packet of crisps per week.


Food today has been good. I have snacked lots and had cereal for breakfast. I tried the Asda Vitality cereal which has dried fruit in it with soya milk. To tell you the truth I couldn't really taste the dried fruit in it! It was nice though...




On the way home from work I stopped at Toys R Us to buy my niece a birthday present (it's not until the 30th). I also popped into a homeware shop called Homesense (ran by TK Maxx). For once I didn't end up spending a fortune! I bought a red gingham door stop and a present for my sister's birthday which is on the 25th. I was very pleased with myself. : )

Dinner was Linda McCartney pie, mashed potato and mixed veg. Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment