Saturday 9 May 2009

Hello and welcome...

As you can see this is my first post to my brand spanking new blog.


I'll give you the lowdown on me in case you are interested. My name is Rachael and I am 27 years old. I live in Northamptonshire in England. I have been a vegetarian/vegan for the past 15 years. At the moment my veganism isn't as committed as it once was but I am trying to get back on track! My blog will include a bit of everything from what I have been doing to what I have been eating and drinking.

I have not long been back from the US where I was holidaying in California. Unfortunately my bodyclock hasn't reverted to the British time yet so I am still going to bed late and getting up late! : (
I managed to drag myself out of bed at 1:3opm today which I know is really bad! I had so many plans as well of what I wanted to do today. I really wanted to go charity shop shopping and do some gardening but alas they didn't get done.

Breakfast was going to be American pancakes but I didn't have time as I wanted to get to Asda to do the food shopping. I settled for a crunchy oat and fruit cereal with soya milk. Two cups of tea later and a long shopping list I left. Every week I scour my vegan cookery books and food magazines to come up with dinner ideas. I find it so difficult to just pick food off the shelves without a list. I tend to spend way too much but still come away with no full dinners!

I like shopping in Asda as they do tend to stock alot of vegan food. You just have to look in the right places in the store. Some of my treats included some packets of burger and sausage mixes, redwood sausages, vegan ham, strawberries, dried mixed berries and the latest Good Food magazine. I also bought 2 tops and a pair of trousers. I always spend double what I should when I go to Asda. Oh well never mind, it's not like we are in a recession or anything! :P




I missed lunch due to my late awakening but plan on having a lovely dinner to compensate. So far I am thinking maybe Gardein "Beef" steak with dauphinoise potatoes, sweetcorn and peas. I need to get my skates on though as it is already 8pm. Yikes. I will post a pic tomorrow.


I hope you like my first post and continue to read more.




Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment